About 12 years ago, I was a new wife and mom and one of the absolute highlights of my week, was getting the Sunday paper! It seems a bit mundane now, but at the time, it made me feel like such a grown-up and brought back fond memories of my mom reading the Sunday paper each week!
One week, I discovered the recipe for these peanut butter cup cookies in an article where readers would send in their tried and true recipes to share. It quickly became a favorite of my husband’s (okay, and mine too), and I’ve made them so many times I pretty much have the recipe memorized! They never disappoint whenever I take them somewhere, although, I will sheepishly admit that we usually gobble these up ourselves without sharing too much!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 package (miniature peanut butter cups)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. shortening
- In large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In small bowl, combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate about 1 hr. until easy to handle.
- Roll into generous 1″ balls. Press a peanut butter cup into each and then reshape into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 350 for about 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For drizzle: place all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave 20 seconds at a time until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies
If you don’t have any peanut butter cups, you can also just add mini chocolate chips to your batter and they are still delicious!
If these cookies look good to you, be sure to check out some of our other family favorites!
Toffee Chip Cookies
Hershey’s Chocolate Kiss Cookies
5 Easy Tips to Make 3D Cookies