These No-Bake Peanut Butter Fudge Bars are so good that they might just be a tad addictive.
Do you have that one family member who just doesn’t like something that is pretty universally known to be amazing??
Growing up, my one sister didn’t like bacon. Whut??
As annoying as that is, in a family of 8, more bacon for the others is always a good thing.
Then the other day my daughter tried to tell me that she doesn’t like fish tacos.
Okay, okay. Fish tacos might not be some universally-agreed upon ultimate food. But they should be. And they were for her just last year. She was picking them every time it was her turn for a Family Night.
And suddenly, she just doesn’t like them anymore. Grrr.
But the one thing that has been consistently on unfavorable side of her taste buds is peanut butter and chocolate.
That’s absurd, amiright??
She likes peanut butter. She likes chocolate.
But she does NOT like them together at all.
Basically, my son has the ultimate partner to trade Trick or Treat candy with each Halloween. She gives him all her peanut butter cups and Reese’s Pieces and he gives her Tootsie Rolls and 3 Musketeers.
I never had it so good as a kid.
Anyways, she’s wrong.
Chocolate and peanut butter together is amazing, and so are these bars (and my triple layer brownies with peanut butter cookies)!
They start with a crust made with nothing but Peanut Butter Oreos and butter. I could eat it by the spoonful.
Then they’re topped with a no-bake fudge layer and lots of peanut butter chips smooshed on top.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 1/4 cups Oreo Peanut Butter Cookies (crushed into fine crumbs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 oz. evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 bag (10.5 oz. mini marshmallows)
- 2 cups Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Hershey’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips
- For crust: Mix melted butter and cookie crumbs. Press on bottom of foil-lined 13×9 pan and set aside.
- For Filling: In a large saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, softened butter and marshmallows. Heat over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring very frequently. Continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips, stir until completely melted.
- Pour immediately over prepared crust and spread until smooth. Sprinkle Peanut Butter Chocolate chips over filling and press lightly. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.
A funny sidenote, the first time I made these, I accidentally used butterscotch chips on top instead of peanut butter. Not quite as good!
We still devoured the pan, because the fudge filling itself is amazing, but you could tell the difference.
No worries! It just forced us to make them again, to “test” them out with peanut butter chips!
And if you’re a fan of no-bake desserts as much as I am, check out some of our other favorite recipes! They’re especially great during the summer so you don’t heat the whole house up with the oven!
Don’t forget to PIN today’s post, because you absolutely want to make these!!