If you’re looking for campgrounds near Pittsburgh, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park at Kozy Rest has been voted one of the best! They offer all types of camping in PA from tents to RV camping to full service cabins and even Yurts! With on-site activities for all ages plus close proximity to area attractions, it’s the perfect spot for a weekend getaway near Pittsburgh!
Be sure to read to the bottom of this post, because one lucky winner will receive a 2 night stay at Kozy Rest!!
Every year, we go away the first weekend after school ends for my kids! It’s our little kick-off to summer, if you will. We usually only do a 1 or 2 night stay somewhere and we always try to make it a spot that’s new to us!
It’s a fun way to start their summer break and it lets us explore a new area that isn’t too far from home. We’re especially excited about the weekend trip we have planned for this summer because it’s to Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park at Kozy Rest!
We have never stayed at a campground before, but we always stare in wonder when we drive by them on roadtrips! They’re always so colorful and look like their jam-packed with on-site activities. So this is our year to actually experience it first-hand.
And what better way than with this award winning campground that’s located just north of Pittsburgh! If you take a look at the Kozy Rest website, you’ll understand exactly why they’ve won awards! Located in gorgeous Butler County in Western PA, Kozy Rest has a lengthy list of on-site activities for their guests.
Kozy Rest Jellystone Campgrounds Activities
- Swimming Pool
- Gaga Ball
- Laser Tag
- Horseshoe Pits
- Gem Mining
- Bike Rentals
- Mini Gold
- Jellystone Park Jump Zone
- Dog Park
- and so much more!! You can see even more of the on-site amenities at Kozy Rest HERE.
What I love most about all of the activities they offer, is that there truly is something for any weather situation! There are activities to keep you busy if you’re there on a rainy day, a cold day or even a brutally hot day!
Kozy Rest has you covered no matter the weather! Which I guess is pretty important when you’re a campground in PA that is open from early spring to late fall!
Kozy Rest Yogi Bear Campground Lodging
Yogi Bear camping really does have lodging for everyone whether you’re an experienced camper or a first-timer like we are! I love the idea of still getting to experience all the camping perks (bonfire with s’mores, anyone??) but still being in a full-service cabin to sleep!
Rental Reservations at Kozy Rest Jellystone Campground in PA
- They have options for tent camper, RV camper, rental cabins or yurt. A yurt is a canvas-sided “tent” that has beds, a fridge, microwave and table and chairs. You can see pictures of a yurt HERE.
- All rentals have a charcoal ring, picnic table and fire ring outside.
- Guests do need to bring their own bedding, towels, toiletries and pillows.
- There are 170 shaded spots at Kozy Rest Yogi Bear Campground!
- Discounted rates are available Sunday-Thursday.
- They have cabins that are pet-friendly (plus a dog wash and dog park!).
- Top rated restrooms and showers (I can’t tell you how important this is to me!!).
- Kozy Rest Camp Store for supplies and snacks.
- You can see more information about the rentals plus the rates HERE.
Kozy Rest Yogi Bear Campground PA Giveaway!!
Now for the really fun part! One of you will be the lucky winner of a 2-night stay at the Kozy Rest Jellystone Park Campground in Harrisville, PA!!
The winner will receive a free 2-night stay for up to 6 people. The stay can be taken anytime between April 12 – October 27, 2019. It is valid for Sunday-Thursday stays, subject to availability and excluding holidays.
Good luck to everyone who enters!!