How to cook your favorite frozen pot pie in air fryer. Get a golden brown crust and evenly cooked fillings every time, in just 15 minutes.
There’s something about fall and winter weather that just screams pot pie to me.
Chicken pot pie and turkey pot pie are one of my favorite comfort foods when the weather turns cooler.
The creaminess of the insides, the golden brown crust…it’s such a perfect accompaniment to a cool winter evening.
Hello, comfort food, right?
And while every once in awhile I get a burst of inspiration and make a chicken pot pie from scratch, I have to be honest: frozen pot pies are my go to on busy weeknights.
Air Fryer Pot Pie is a Super Easy Weeknight Dinner
Because I love to keep things easy, especially when I’m trying to get dinner together on a weeknight, I decided to experiment with cooking a frozen turkey pot pie or chicken pot pie in my air fryer.
After nailing my frozen burrito in air fryer method, I got a bit more confident to try some other frozen meals in my air fryer!
Can You Cook a Frozen Pot Pie in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook your frozen pot pie in your air fryer. Even better? The results are delicious. Whether you want to cook a frozen chicken pot pie, a frozen turkey pot pie, or a frozen veggie pot pie, the method is the same.
Whether you prefer a chicken pot pie or a turkey pot pie, I’ve got great news for you.
Cooking a frozen pot pie in an air fryer is a quick, easy and delicious way to do it!
It only takes 15 minutes from frozen, and the results are bubblingly delicious.
How to Cook a Frozen Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie in the Air Fryer
What You’ll Need
- Your favorite brand of frozen pot pie. I used 2 small frozen turkey pot pies, but if you wanted to use a frozen chicken pot pie, that works, too. You do you!
- An Air fryer. In these photos, we’ve used the COSORI Air Fryer 1500W air fryer. I also have a convection toaster oven with air fryer function, similar to this Cuisinart (mine is a Breville, but the model doesn’t seem to be available right now). Any type of air fryer should work for this method, so don’t overthink it!
- Preheat your Air fryer to 400°F. Even if you have an air fryer that says it doesn’t need to pre-heat, I still strongly recommend you pre-heat. That will ensure your frozen chicken pot pie or turkey pot pie cooks evenly throughout.
- Place your pot pie into the air fryer.
- Air fry for 15 minutes or until bubbling.
- I used the tiny pot pies and 15 minutes was perfect, but for a larger, family sized pot pie you might need up to 20 minutes.
I hope this method works for you. It’s now my go to on a cold winter night!