This Cheesy Sweet Potato Stuffed Pepper is a delicious option for a meatless meal!
Do you have a food that you just despised as a kid and now as an adult you actually love it?
I actually have a few- brussels sprouts, sauerkraut, and even sweet potatoes! Although, I still won’t really eat a sweet potato plain, but if you dress it up I’m all over it.
This recipe for Cheesy Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers is a great twist on the classic stuffed pepper recipe. It also helps me with my goal of incorporating more meatless meals into our regular rotation.
Although, I promise you that this meal is hearty enough that no one will miss the meat! It’s packed full of flavor and tastes like you’re eating a decadent meal.
I also love that it’s fairly low cost! We normally have all of these ingredients on hand anyways!
Cheesy Sweet Potato Stuffed Pepper
This is a great option for a meatless meal!
- 3 Red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 Sweet potato (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 Cup scallions (sliced)
- 1/2 Cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 Cup rice
- 6 Slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop off bell pepper tops.
- Coat with olive oil, cover in foil, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Add 1 cup rice to 1 1/2 cups of water in a small saucepan.
- Add in all the vegetables and seasonings.
- Cook until water is completely absorbed.
- Stir together and add the rice and vegetable mix to the bell peppers.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on top of each bell pepper.
- Turn oven off and let cheese melt with the oven heat.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you search the recipes on my site, you will find corn in the majority. So I’m not going to break my streak here- add corn. It makes everything better!
You could even add other vegetables if you’re trying to use up some leftovers. Broccoli or peas would taste delicious! But either way it’s a filling, satisfying meal for these chilly fall days!