We adore flatbread in our house!
- everyone can customize it to their own taste
- great way to use up leftovers
- easy enough for the kids to help with dinner
- cooks quickly
- and for me personally, it feels like I’m eating a pizza but there’s no sauce! Never been a huge fan of pizza sauce!
These cheeseburger flatbreads are one of our personal favorites since we always have bags of cooked ground beef in our freezer. With those ready to go, it really is a super quick meal!
Quick easy meal that everybody can customize!
- 1 lb. cooked ground beef
- 2 plum tomatoes (sliced)
- Banana peppers
- Pickles (diced)
- 3/4 – 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 flatbreads or Naan
- Drizzle Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. mustard (you can use any kind except honey mustard)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay each flatbread out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle about 1 tbsp cheese on each one. Spread ground beef evenly on flatbreads. Layer toppings of choice. Then sprinkle cheese over the toppings. Bake about 10 minutes or so or until cheese is melted.
- While flatbreads are baking, in a small bowl, whisk together your ketchup, mayo and mustard. Once flatbreads are removed from oven, drizzle your sauce over top and eat immediately!
I listed the toppings that we used on the day I took these pictures, but, honestly they are completely customizable! That’s the beauty of flatbreads. #allthebeauty
If we have bacon leftover from breakfast, we might crumble that and put it on. If I have some avocado slices that need to be eaten, I’ll throw those on after I remove it from the oven. You can totally mix and match based on your tastes!
My daughter thinks tomatoes are the world’s slimiest, nastiest things (she’s wrong, by the way). So hers is void of all things red.
My husband likes things with a kick, so he often throws some jalapeno slices on his! Jazz it up, folks!
But make them, and then come back and thank me. Because they really are good.
And whatever you do, STOP throwing those leftovers out!! Sometimes we’ll only have a couple tablespoons or slices of something left from dinner, but it’s still enough to throw a flatbread together quick for lunch!
Be sure to check out my post with all kinds of tips on freezing ground beef. It makes meals like this SO much easier and who doesn’t like having zero pans to wash! Click to read about How to Freeze Ground Beef.
For more freezer meal tips to make dinner time easier be sure to check out my other post about Freezer Meals on the Cheap.
And don’t forget to pin this post so you can make it lots and lots for your family! (and invite me over, please!)