Hello, I’m Kate (aka: Kate The Turtle)
This site was started to chronicle my love of baking, cooking, home decor, and crafting.
I’ve been married to my husband for 12 years and he’s pretty much my favorite human on the planet. We have a 2 year old daughter, who is the coolest! I was pretty much made to share life with these people and nothing makes me happier than going through my days with them at my side.
Random facts about me:
- I come from a small family, and always thought I wanted a large family for myself … until I experienced pregnancy. whomp, whomp.
- I’ve probably seen more movies than anyone reading this, but 90% of them were made before 1980 and I watched them before I turned 18. As an adult, I still don’t want to hear anybody talk about Top Gun, Forrest Gump or Steel Magnolias. You might spoil it for me, and I’ll get around to watching them someday.
- I once had a neighbor exclaim that she had thought of me earlier that day. When I asked why, she said “I saw furniture out for someone’s trash and you popped into my head”. That defines my style.
- The only celebrity I’ve ever met is Cameron from “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” – I stood behind him in line in an ice cream shop when I was pregnant and on a daily ice cream diet. My husband has been in a movie with Burt Reynolds and The Hoff, though. That makes me practically famous, right?
- I graduated from college with a degree in Communications and worked in Public Relations for a few years. So basically, I went to school for blogging and social media before that was even a thing, and have been doing this my whole adult life!
About A Turtle’s Life for Me
This blog started in 2009, back when no one knew what they were doing in terms of blogging. Let’s just say there was a lot of posting sporadically. In 2011, the site was limping along, and almost got deleted. Instead, inspiration hit and a whack of content got published!
The name of the blog comes from my nickname as a child! For some reason in 4th grade, I really loved turtles. All my friends started calling me Kate the Turtle, and the nickname stuck. Many decades later, I have to say it really suits me as a homebody – I’m committed to enjoying life from the slow lane.
What does a Turtle’s Life mean to me? It’s all about cooking from scratch when I can, celebrating the little things in life, and listening to my kid’s stories for hours on end…because honestly kids are hilarious and life is too showy not to enjoy!
I want to show you how to create the same type of “Turtle’s Life” for your own families…I love to share:
- our favorite meals
- easy crafts for your home and to gift
- and ways to DIY yourself the home of your dream
You can follow along with all of our adventures on social media:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER
I hope you’ll stick around and get to know us better! If you’d like to collaborate on a project or travel piece, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday 12th of April 2023
Do you have a mailing list? If so, please include me!